This is a different kind of "advanced" data collection workshop.
Because YOU are the expert here.
Data is only useful when it has purpose and intention. Data collection thus becomes an extremely crucial step.
Then the question is - how do ensure our data collection efforts meet purpose?
What if, even after we know all fundamentals, we still feel inadequate in advancing equity and inclusion through data?
That is where this "advanced" workshop comes useful.
In this 2.5-hour virtual workshop, we talk, discuss and then talk some more to apply concepts of data collection on sample scenarios and real-life problems. We case study the heck out of it!
Here is a general flow of the workshop:
1. Quick revision of fundamentals
2. What are the types of biases in the surveys?
3. How to determine how many responses we need on the survey?
4. How to set up rating questions for successful analysis?
5. How do we address social desirability bias in surveys?
6. What are some common techniques to address cultural response differences in surveys?
7. How can you apply intersectionality lens on data?
8. How to respond to different real-life scenarios (using case studies) around data collection with empathy?
Completion of Advancing Equitable Data Collection - Foundational Level workshop is encouraged but not a requirement to join this workshop. This workshop assumes that you have foundational knowledge of data collection (e.g., fundamentals of survey, interviews, focus groups etc.).
Dates for the workshop are added on a rolling basis. Every workshop occurs in the window of 2-3:30 pm ET/1-3:30 CT/11-1:30 PT.
Want to join as a group?
Send me an email for group discount + flexible dates @[email protected]