Collecting data for the sake of data leads to no impact.
Data must have both intention and purpose.
Are you interested in learning how to use data collection to advance equity?
Join us for a foundational-level course on the topic. You don't need any specific knowledge or skills to participate, just a willingness to learn.
Data can contain hidden biases that can impact decision-making and strategies, so it's important to be aware of them. In this course, we'll cover all the basics of collecting and analyzing data with the intention of creating positive change.
In this Advancing Equitable Data - 2.5-hour live and interactive virtual workshop, I will cover the basics of "good" data, how it can lead to impact and how it should be collected with equity. We will also walkthrough how data can become meaningful in your fundraising efforts.
Here is a general flow of the workshop:
1. What do the words equity and data mean together?
2. How can data lead to impact and accountability?
3. What is the role of data in perpetuating biases?
4. How can we collect data with equity and inclusion in mind?
5. What is the influence of language on collecting data in a non-harmful way?
6. What are some common challenges of collecting equitable data?
7. What can we do to design analysis grounded in equity?
8. What can you do now? Both as an individual and in your team.
Whether you are working on a campaign or on membership-based programming, for a fundraising or a non-fundraising team, from any sector - as long as you have some relationship with data (as collector, analyst, storyteller, insights lead or more titles that can go here) - you are welcome to join this workshop.
Dates for the workshop are added on a rolling basis. Every workshop occurs in the window of 2-3:30 pm ET/1-3:30 CT/11-1:30 PT.
Want to join as a group?
Send me an email for group discount + flexible dates @[email protected]
Check out the workshop page on Advancing Equity through Visualizations (find it here).
Interested to join there as well?